How to get the Best Garage Conversion in London
Looking for a garage conversion in London? Well, there are a few things that you are going to need to think about! On this page, we are going to share a few hints and tips for ensuring that you get the best garage conversion possible!
Firstly, please, please, please make sure that you find out whether you are going to need to have planning permission to carry out the garage conversion. Many people forget about this, but it is drastically important. There are plenty of people out there who forget that they need planning permission. They then have the work carried out, and then they are told by the local council that they need to dismantle it all, reverting the garage to its previous state. This means that you will have lost both time and money! It is very difficult to retroactively apply for planning permission!
If you want the best garage conversion possible, then you are going to want to put a decent amount of effort into choosing the right builder for the job. This means thinking about the following:
- Whether the company has carried out a garage conversion in the past. If they haven’t, then don’t touch them with a bargepole. If they have no experience in this type of project, then they aren’t going to be able to complete it to a high standard for you. It is also likely that they will run into a number of problems along the way which can be costly.
- How long has the company been in business? The longer they have been in business, the more you will be able to trust them to carry out a good job. Sadly, in this industry, there are far too many ‘fly by night’ companies out there. You need to avoid these. If a company has not been in business for at least a few years, then you can’t rely on them, no matter how great they say they are at their job.
- Ask for references and testimonials. If the company is reluctant to give you these then, again, there is no way that you can guarantee that they will be able to carry out a decent job for you!
- Will you need to hire anybody other than this company? The best garage conversion companies will be able to do everything that you need. This means wiring the electrics, a bit of plumbing etc. The fewer companies you need to hire to complete the garage conversion, the better things will be for you in the long run!
- Always make sure that you meet the company before you decide to hire them. The main reason is so that you will be able to get a copy of the quote in writing. The second reason is so that you will have some idea as to the personality of the team carrying out the project for you.
Good luck with your garage conversion project!